Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Country Life Ain't Cute

I have lived on a farm all of my life and about three days ago I came to the conclusion that farm life is not glamorous!

I realized this because I was out feeding the beef cattle on my family's farm in the dark.  But while I was feeding the beef cattle in the dark, I realized that I have fed so many times and so many times in the dark that I could do this with my eyes closed or better yet, in my sleep.

Feeding the beef cattle has never bothered me before for some reason this time it did and I realized that farm life is hard work, it's dirty and it's not as fun as the country songs on the radio make it seem to be.

Hear me out...tractors aren't sexy, wearing rubber with your shorts are not cute, standing ankle high in manure ain't fun, throwing hay bales is not rewarding...it sucks, gathering eggs sucks and messing with livestock gives you a headache times a million!!!

If you don't believe me maybe you believe Brian Keene's song,"I'll Sing Sbout Mine".  I'm not even going to go into detail about this song....I think it says it all when it comes to country music nowadays talking about coutnry living, farming and rural life.




No comments:

Post a Comment