Thursday, January 19, 2012

NEVER Again See That Band

 
I wish this upon no one EVER, even my worst enemy!

Do you or have you had a band that is your ultimate favorite music group of all time and then disbanded, took a hiatus or broke up and you never got the opportunity to see them in concert?

I have.  It's the most gut-wrenching, personal music tragedy, one could ever face.  It's cardiac devastation that can never be repaired or mended.  I wish this personal tragic experience upon no one!  If you have experienced this kind of dilemma my whole broken heart goes out to you. (sigh)

My personal experience of never being able to see one of my all-time favorite bands perform before they disbanded was one of the greatest Red Dirt Bands and one of the greatest bands EVER...Cross Canadian Ragweed (CCR).

About two years ago, CCR was coming to Evansville, Indiana to play at Woody's Bar with Bruce Robison's band for an all ages show.  The day before or the day of I go the purchase tickets for the concert, CCR announced their hiatus.  Randy Ragsdale the drummer for CCR wanted to take a break from the road to spend more time helping his Autistic son develop and CCR decide the wouldn't move together as CCR if it wasn't all four of them.  

CCR decide to finish out their tour, but cancel a few shows.  Evansville's show didn't canceled, but it was just going to be an acoustic show with Cody Canada (frontman,lead vocals, songwriter for CCR) and Bruce Robison (Texas singer-songwriter).  

I thought okay at least I can see 1/4th of CCR, Cody Canada and I can still see Bruce Robison.  Wrong!

The concert was changed to an 21+ show and I was only 20-years old at t the time.

I know...I know...it sucked.  And now I'll never see CCR perform, because just a few months ago CCR announced their official break-up.  Cody Canada and Jeremey Plato (bass guitarist for CCR) perform in the band, The Departed with Seth James (Texas Singer-Songwrtier) and two other gentleman.  Randy Ragsdale is now the back-up drummer for Stoney LaRue's band.  And Grady Cross owns his own pub.

Sure CCR has done some reunion concerts for benefits and fundraisers, but will ever get to see them?  I don't know, but I hope so!  And you know I can still see Cody Canada and Jeremey Plato perform with The Departed, but it's not the same, because it's not CCR!

I may NEVER see that band...Cross Canadian Ragweed!!!

~Peace, Happiness and Ragweed~

Thanks for the music boys!!!

Share your story in a comment below!  What band will you NEVER see again, because the band broke-up, took a hiatus or parted ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment