Thursday, June 16, 2011

What Happened to the Enhanced CD?


Y'all ever own an enhanced CD by a music artist? 

I do!  I think it's totally cool.  It's an album from 2001, "My World" by Cyndi Thomson.  That CD was released ten years ago and nowadays you don't see music artists or at least not very many music artists producing enhanced CDs.  Unless, I am just not on the upity, up with CDs...I don't really see or hear of music artists doing this anymore.  This slightly disappoints me.

An enhanced CD is a CD which you can play in a CD player like a normal CD, but which you can also use in your computer for additional multimedia fun.  

An enhanced CD can allow music artists to share their music videos, lyrics to the songs, links to websites, other videos and such that can provide the stories behind the songs and so much other really cool interactive stuff.  The sky is the limit.  Music artists can get really creative with an enhanced CD, especially, with today's type of technology in regards to multimedia.   

Enhanced CDs are pure awesomeness.  You can really get to know an artist and get an in-depth look into their music.  They're whole lot of fun and very interesting to mess with. 

I don't know know the reasons behind why not more artists produce enhanced CDs.  Maybe its the cost, maybe they're too complicated to produce or maybe they're not that popular.  I don't really know, but if you do leave a comment below and let me know.

I think enhanced CDs are just the coolest thing, since slice bread.  Then again what do I know?  I'm just an amateur blogger, radio DJ and music enthusiast that blabs on about what I think I know about music, but really don't know the whole story.  Seriously, I think I do that without really meaning, too.  lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment