Thursday, September 15, 2011

So, What If All My Heroes Are The Losing Kind???


They ended up with nothin', but at least they put up a fight.  And you know most of it was choices they never asked to choose.  The rest of it was luck and now they're out of that too, now.  What are you willing to lose?

These are my own modified lyrics from the great song, What are you willing to lose?, By Lucero.  The song is about how independent and underground artists have struggles getting their music out there to the world, but continue to do what they love even though they may never make a break through in getting to where they want to be. 

When I hear the song, I think about all my musical heroes.  Which most of my musical heroes or musicians that influence me are...well you probably guessed it...their from Texas.  

Most of my favorite artists from Texas are really not that well known or popular to the rest of the world.  Though for some reason they keep on, keepin' on, releasing records, performing gigs and making music, because that's what they do...they play the music that they love and they keep on putting up a fight.  I absolutely love that they do that, because I don't know what I would do without them.


Also it's very inspiring to me about how independent and underground artists continue to make music and perform gigs, even though they'll never make it all the way to the top.  This inspires and reminds me to 'try' and 'go for it'.  Even if deep, deep, down, I know I'll never make it through...just keep going and do what I love to do.

So, what if all my heroes are the losing kind, at least they put up a fight!  Therefore I ask you, "What are you willing to lose?"


~ Peace, Happiness and Music~

"What Are You Willing To Lose?" By Lucero




A List of my musical heroes (in NO particular order):
Eli Young Band
Two Cow Garage
Whiskey Myers
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Reckless Kelly
Mickey and The Motorcars
Counting Crows
Scott Copeland
Joey Green Band
Sean McConnell
Johnny Cooper
Charla Corn
Lucinda Williams
Bob Schneider
The Band of Heathens
Slobberbone
The Drive-By-Truckers
Turnpike Troubadours
Thomas Flynn
Hayes Carll
Bleu Edmondson
And so many, many more..just wanted to name a few. :-) 

So, comment below and tell me who are your musical influences or heroes!!!  I'd love to hear them!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment