Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What We All Need To Show Is A Little R-E-S-P-E-C-T...Hey, I'm Just TCB!!! Just QUIT Hating and Start Loving!



Val Halla is a kick-ass woman Canadian Rock n' Roll musician that I posted about in my opinion blogspost, last Thursday.  

This past Sunday, Val Halla posted on her Facebook wall that she performed in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada and was threatened to be booed by the metal kids off stage and was yelled at, sworn at and called awful names.  They harassed her for over half an hour till she had to physically sit on her amp on stage and refuse to move till they turned the sound on.  Halla said she played in tears as they continued to shout things like " Go back to Fu**ing Saskatoon."  

An exact quote from her facebook page was, "sang like a devil beast from a place I didn't know I could, and no one boo-ed me off stage, people applauded, sold some music and even got a couple apologies after."  

Also she wrote, "F**k you back is to play in their faces & make them eat their words...I don't care how much anyone wants to beat me down or try and intimidate me into walking off stage...I'm hear to play some f**king music, & I've got balls to spare for anyone in the Oshawa metal scene who needs to learn to grow some.  In 11 years of performing I'd never encountered anything like this before..."

I commend Halla for standing her ground.  Some people are just plain rude and vicious.  I can't believe something like this happened.  It's ridiculous and uncalled for!

I truly believe that we should all have an open mind when it comes to music (music of all genres and kinds), though I realize, unfortunately this is not realistic.  Assholes exist and always will.  

However their response to Halla; was behavior that is uncalled for, disrespectful and is not to be accepted.  I don't care how much you hate someone or their music, you DO NOT speak words or conduct such insensitive and immoral actions.

On a interview I heard with Casey Donahew, last night, he made a very good point, "when you hear a band's music for the first time on the radio or wherever and you hate it, don't go to their website or Facebook and write bad stuff about them.  Like who really cares, why should you care?  You're just wasting your time, by doing something like that.  If we spent less time hating and more time putting our energy into something we loved....think of the things that we could accomplish."

That is the best quote/advice...I've ever heard.  Spend less time hating and put more of your energy into something you love.  Seriously, think about what you could do when you put more of your energy into something you love.

I just wanted to bring light to this situation about Val Halla and what Casey Donahew said, because we ALL need to be open minded about people's backgrounds, personalities, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion and etc. and also be open minded about music.  

Even when you hate someone or their music...please be respectful.  Just turn the radio dial, thumbs down the song on your Pandora or whatever...but QUIT Hating and start Loving.  LOVE EVERYBODY!  At all else, please, please, please BE RESPECTFUL!

~Peace, Happiness and Music~



No comments:

Post a Comment