Sunday, February 19, 2012

Artist of the Week:  The Stooges


Continuing on with my exploration of 60s, 70s and 80s punk/grunge rock bands, here's another one that I've been clinging to.

The Stooges were active from about 1967 to 1974 and later reformed in 2003.  In 2010, they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.


The frontman for the band is the legendary, Iggy Pop.

The Stooges sophomore record Funhouse was released in 1970 and it has become one of my favorite records of all-time.  This record is soooo much fun.  Corky sounds, Iggy's scratchy, howlin' vocals and the saxophone in a couple of the songs...awww...it's soooo much fun!  

The record definitely engulfs your mind and takes you away from the reality of your day.  I totally recommend giving this record a spin!


My favorite songs from the Funhouse album are besides all of them: 

"Dirt"


"T.V. Eye"


"1970"

No comments:

Post a Comment