Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The One Day In The Year I Don't Listen To The Radio

The one day in the year I don't listen to the radio is Valentine's Day.

It seems like it doesn't matter if I'm listening to a commercial or non-commercial, pop, country, R & B, Texas or any other genre specific radio station, they all play love songs.

Why does every single radio station have to play love songs on Valentine's Day?  Why?

It's not the fact that I'm single and I don't have anybody to call my Valentine, that bothers me on Valentine's Day.  I just really don't like the holiday.  

I believe it's an over-commercialized holiday by the candy companies, card companies and other retailers.  

Also people put too much emphasis on it and feel like that they have to take out their significant other and treat them to a nice romantic dinner or similar outing.  That's ridiculous.  You shouldn't have to be a manic romantic only once a year.

And you know what, if people want to go out and be manic romantics, that's fine with me.  But please quit reminding me about Valentine's Day on the radio with love song after love song.  Love songs about how love works out and you are my one and only.  It irritates me, so much I just want to throw my radio up against the wall.

I never liked St. Valentine!  All he does is breaks hearts all over town.  And here's another person that doesn't like St. Valentine.  It's Willy Braun and Cody Braun from Reckless Kelly performing, "I Never Liked St. Valentine".

No comments:

Post a Comment