Thursday, March 8, 2012

Shutdown On The Vault

One of the coolest radio shows that you've probably never heard of was taken off of the air, yesterday.


The Vault is the coolest radio show out of the Dallas/Forth Worth, Texas area and possibly the coolest radio show in the world.

As The Vault's moto goes, " The Vault plays the coolest music you probably have never heard of".  All the music played is by independent artists from genres of Americana, country, rock, indie-rock, garage rock, blues, psychedelic, bluegrass, red dirt, Texas and more.  The Vault plays all kind of music from all over the world with a slight emphasis on musicians from Texas.

The Vault has been on the airwaves at 95.9 FM, The Ranch Radio Station for about two years.  It started out as a two hour show on Sundays and a few months ago it became a three hour show on Monday through Friday from 11pm to 2am (central).


When I went to go tune into The Vault this past Wednesday night/Thursday morning I didn't hear The Vault.  Eventually, I came to learn that The Vault has been taken off the air by The Ranch.


I saw on the chat wall that's on  The Ranch's website, where listeners can comment, that The Ranch had to make some budget cuts and so The Vault was taken off the air.  I also saw on the chat wall that the only way The Vault can continue is if it has a sponsor.

Not being able to listen to The Vault truly saddens me, because The Vault show is the main inspiration behind my radio show The Crescendo that is on every other Monday 2-4pm (EST) on WRFL, 88.1 FM.  

The theme of my show is singer-songwriters from all genres and the second hour of my show I play singer-songwriters from Texas.  I was inspired to have this theme by The Vault show.


The DJ that does The Vault show, Shayne, is one of the main reasons I want to pursue a career in radio broadcasting.  I look up to him as one of my mentors as a DJ.


I would be remiss if I didn't recognize this situation of the dismissal of The Vault radio show.  The Vault radio show and the DJ Shayne is my inspiration behind my radio show and it's the reason why I'm in radio. 


I don't know what else to say, but this sucks!  This absolutely sucks!


My heart goes out to The Vault radio show DJ and creator, Shayne!  


Thanks for the cool music Shayne!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment