Thursday, May 19, 2011

25 Years of Rock-n-Roll and Still Strong


Wow!  A kick-butt rock band that has been around for 25 years and I'm now just catching a listen of their killer melodic songs.  What's up with that?! 

I'm a radio DJ at the University of Kentucky's college radio station, WRFL, 88.1 FM.  One day, I was perusing around the WRFL CD library and I stumbled upon a diamond in the rough.  I had found a very soulful and kick-butt rock-n-roll album that would become one of my all-time favorite records.

I had discovered the album, Bust A Nut, by the band Tesla.  I absolutely fell in love with every song on that album and decided to play one of the songs on my post-rock show that I did a radio DJ fill for.

I played the song Need Your Lovin.  The songs had a great response to the radio listeners, because I had a guy call in at the station and asked if that was Tesla that I had just played on-air.  I told him, yes, I did and he 
said that that was awesome and that Tesla is one of his favorites bands. 

Tesla is a fine, fine band that was formed in 1986 and is still rockin' it and jammin' out their awesome tunes today.  That's right 25 years strong!

I have listened to some of their songs that they released when they first started out as a band and some of their songs that they just mostly released recently.  The songs are just as a good, even if you're comparing a song from 1986 to 2008.  Tesla's songs can withstand the test of time and are solid gold.  Pure perfection of melodic rock-n-roll ballads.  

I have absolutely fallin' in love with this band.  I've began to learn more about them and I think it's so cool that they are still rockin' it out till this day with making new music and touring.  Yep, touring to sold-out crowds!

I highly encourage y'all to check them out!  'Cause, Tesla is flippin' amazing!  My advice to Tesla is to keep on, keepin' on!  'Cause they kick-butt!


"Need Your Lovin" By Tesla (from their album Bust A Nut)


"Games People Play" By Tesla (from their album Bust A Nut)


"I Wanna Live" By Tesla (A song from 2008)


"Lovesong" By Tesla (One of their biggest hit songs)

No comments:

Post a Comment